And I’m all prepared for it! I’ve found the easiest way to celebrate it with only 2 ingredients! Or 3 if you count the sprinkles as well. Oreos and ice cream – 4th of July Oreo ice cream cake
Yes, it’s not baked, and yes, I bought both the ice cream and the oreos – it happens. But, to my defense it’s not just any Oreos – I’m talking this summer’s limited edition
And guess what? They make the perfect 4th of July dessert since they have blue, white and red.
And today’s recipes, it’s just exactly a recipe. It’s something I put together in 5 minutes and called it 4th of July Oreo ice cream cake. Actually it took me longer to take the pictures than to assemble the cake. And as you can tell, I’m not good at photographing ice-cream.
But I have to admit I had lots of fun!
This 4th of July Oreo ice cream cake may not look very tempting but
1. it’s an ice cream cake and it’s sure to be good
2. Once cut you can see the red/white/blue Oreo fillings
Let just call it Surprise 4th of July Oreo ice-cream cake!
Probably one of the easiest cake with only 3 ingredients if I count the sprinkles as well, but oh, so delicious!
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 pint ice-cream
- Line a 4 inch cake pan with plastic wrap.
- On the bottom of the pan line 4 oreo cookies.
- Scoop half of the ice-cream over the oreo cookies, pressing with the back of the spoon to level it.
- Add 4 more oreo cookies and cover with the rest of ice-cream.
- Cover with the 4 remaining Oreo cookies, pressing them lightly into the ice-cream layer.
- Wrap everything in plastic and freeze for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Remove from the cake pan and peel the plastic wrap.
- Top with sprinkles, if using.
- Cut and enjoy!
Before you hurry up to make this cake, you may wanna leave a comment below letting me know what would you but with $100!!!!!
And that’s not all.
Open to USA residents over age 18. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. This giveaway is a sweepstakes and ends June 28th 2013. The winner will be randomly selected, announced here, and will be contacted by email. The winner must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize. or another winner will be selected.
This giveaway is sponsored by 10 bloggers, no affiliated links are in this post.