Today you’re in for a sweet treat, not that I didn’t put you on a sugar high coma with all the chocolate sweets I shared lately. Unfortunately my kitchen will be closed for little over 2 weeks. I’m taking a short vacation from baking, getting and setting my mind on a church event I have to bake for on Memorial day.
I’m happy to introduce you to Haniela of Haniela’s Food and Photography. You might recall her from the guest post I did on her beautiful blog few weeks ago.
Hello, I’m Hani, an editor of Haniela’s, a blog I write, I love to bake from scratch, I’m obsessed with decorated cookies and in Summer I daily care for our garden. I love lemons, honey, ice cream and banana.I’m so honored to be guest posting on Roxana’s beautiful site.Thank you for having me over. Today you and I will make super easy delicious Banana Drop Cookies.
You can also experiment with flours if you’d like, I think next time I’m going to try combination of whole wheat and regular flour or throw in a handful of oats for added fiber.
- 1/2 cup canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Turbinado/raw sugar, if you can’t find any, use brown sugar instead
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana(about 2 large very ripe bananas)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2cup +2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter chips, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F, line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl of you mixer beat oil with sugars for 5 minutes. Add egg and beat until foamy and doubled in volume.
- While you eggs are beating, sift together flour,cinnamon, and salt, set aside
- In a small dish combine mash bananas with baking soda and let sit for 2 minutes.
- On low speed, alternatively add flour and mashed banana into the egg mixture, fold in chopped nuts and peanut butter chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop drop the dough onto the baking sheet, bake at 350F for 9-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Store layer between wax paper.These also freeze well, again when freezing layer them with wax paper to prevent sticking