The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a Biscuit Joconde Imprime to wrap around an Entremets dessert.
85 gr almond flour
25 gr cake flour
75 gr confectioners’ sugar
6 egg yolks
3 egg whites
10 gr granulated sugar
3 tbsp melted butter
1. In a bowl sift together 85 gr almond flour, 75 gr confectioners’ sugar and 25 gr cake flour.
2. Add the 6 egg yolks, one at a time mixing well after each addition.
3. In a clean bowl whip 3 egg whites with 10 gr granulated sugar until stiff.
4. Add them to the yolk batter in three addition.
5. In the end add the melted butter
6. Pour the sponge over the frozen paste and bake for 6-8 minutes. Keep a close eye on the oven. It easily gets burn.
7. After baking, remove the pan from the oven, let it cool slightly and sprinkle confectioners’ sugar all over.
8. Flip the pan and remove the parchment paper.
9. Cut the bottom for a 8″ springform pan and the sides. Don’t use a 9″ pan, you don’t have enough biscuit. Make sure the pattern is on the outside !!!