Beside chocolate and cheese in creamy cheesecake, chocolate and coconut is one of my top favorite combo. And I’ve heard is one of your favorite combo as well.
One of my favorite candy bars is Mounds (or Bounty as we European are used to). I love the packed coconut covered with a this layer of chocolate.
I’ve made my own mounds bars few times (they didn’t turn out pretty, but so so delicious) and now I’m working on a new coconut recipe, still needs a little tweaking.
But until then I give you chewy chocolate chip coconut cookies.
I’ve made these cookies a while back, right after I made the Fudgy Brownies with Candy Cane Frosting and hubby said these are the cookies Santa will leave all the gifts at our house if I make him few dozens to take back to North Pole.
Coming from my picky husband, that says a lot. I knew these cookies are a keeper and just perfect for the second week in our 12 weeks of Christmas treats hosted by Brenda of Meal Planning Magic
These cookies are packed with unsweetened shredded coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chip.
They don’t need lots of work to put together. Cream the butter and sugar, add the rest of the ingredients, chill while the oven is heated and bake.
Get a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy.
That’s all it takes to make these irresistible chewy chocolate chip coconut cookies.
Chewy cookies with crispy edges packed with semisweet chocolate chips and unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 3/4 cup (170 grams) room temperature butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 2/3 (200 grams) cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coocnut
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixed with the baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- With a spatula stir in the coconut and the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough on two baking sheets (lined with parchment paper) and place them in the fridge to chill for few minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes (depending on how big they are) until the edges start to brown.
- Cool them slightly on the baking sheets before removing.
If you liked these chewy chocolate chip coconut cookies you may also like
Coconut Cookies at Roxana’s Home Baking
Chewy Coconut Chocolate Cookies at Healthful Pursuit
Coconut Coffee Chocolate Chip Cookies at Bakergirl
Chocolate coconut cookies at The Vegan Road
Coconut Chocolate Cookies at Two Peas and Their Pod
Looking for some more Christmas treats? Click here to see what my wonderful fellow bloggers made for you!
Linking these cookies to my friend Joan’s Thursday Treasures blog hop
Sending love your way,