Bake a batch of these chewy coconut peanut butter cookies out for Santa and he’ll leave you all the gifts you want! Yes, they are THAT good!!!
Lately I’ve been on a peanut butter kick. I find myself making sandwiches when no one is around. Dip apple wedges directly in the jar as a late night snack.
The other day i was making a list with types of cookies i want to make for Christmas. Sugar cookies, chocolate, peppermint, mint. Different variations, pretty much the same flavor. Continuing to write down cookies ideas while dipping some apple in peanut butter, it got me wondering. Everyone will make sugar cookies or peppermint flavored for Santa. Why not make something new. Something I haven’t tried before. Like peanut butter cookies!
Peanut butter cookies for Santa sure sounds good to the Santa in my family. But I needed to put a twist on the classic ones. I didn’t want chocolate chips or jelly or even banana. Something new. Something I haven’t tried before.
A peak in my pantry and I knew what I will make. Coconut peanut butter cookies!
I had some coconut instant pudding and some Baker’s coconut flakes on hand from my last trip to Walmart (you can read all about it here ). I knew I have to be very carefully using both pudding and flakes in my cookies, not to actually overpower the flavors. But I’m happy to say, they turn out just right (after my second attempt).
I now know these will be the perfect cookies to leave out for Santa. Make sure you leave out with a cup of hot chocolate some Cool Whip or Jet-puffed marshmallows (depending on your Santa’s taste buds).
This year KraftFoods comes to the rescue with lots of essential products to make your holidays tastier and flavorful. Check out their line of products at your nearest Walmart or online.
- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Planters peanut butter
- 1 package Jell-O coconut cream instant pudding
- 1/2 cup sweetened Baker's flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bow, add the butter, sugars and peanut butter. With the paddle attachment on beat on low speed until the mixture is fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, if needed.
- Add the coconut flakes and instant pudding. Stir to combine.
- Gently, on low speed, fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With a medium size ice cream scoop drop cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 7-8 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes before moving to wire racks.
Sending love your way,