These caramel apple bars make a great fall dessert. Chocolate chip cookie dough topped with nuts, shredded apples, caramel candy, candy corn and caramel bites turn these bars into the best caramel dipped apple you’ve ever had!
Chocolate chip cookie chewy caramel apple bars <- say that 3 times fast!
This year I gave in. I bought candy corn. And I’m not talking about the classic one but bags and bags of caramel apple candy corn, s’mores candy corn, indian corn candy corn, autumn mix candy corn, blackberry cobbler candy corn. Every variety I could find. I went crazy over them. I wanted to see what’s so amazing about this American Halloween candy.
I gotta say – I couldn’t find anything so Ah-mazing. That maybe because I rarely eat candy by itself. For me, candy is an ingredient in one amazing sweet treat!
So I start test baking with candy corn. Some turn out edible, some still need some work, some were mind-blowing.
These chocolate chip cookie chewy caramel apple bars are mind-blowing!
One of my favorite fall candy is the limited edition of the milky way – caramel apple! With a bag close by and some caramel apple candy corn it was not long until I gather around the rest of the ingredients : pecans, apples, caramel bits and evaporated milk.
I wanted to make a fall version of the magic bars, or 7 layers bars, but with no graham crackers on hand I had to improvise. Good thing Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies dough came to the rescue.
I used the cookie dough as my base layer, topped it with the rest of the ingredients and poured evaporated milk over them.
I know the magic bars are made with condensed milk but with all the candy added to the bars I wanted to find a sweet balance and not overpowering them.
These bars are soft from cookie dough and shredded apples, crunchy from the chopped pecans and chewy from the caramel apple candy, melted candy corn and caramel bits. They will be a hit with the little ones and not only.
Chocolate chip cookie dough topped with nuts, shredded apples, caramel candy, candy corn and caramel bites turn these bars into the best caramel dipped apple you’ve ever had!
- 1 lb Pillsbury deluxe refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 big Granny Smith apples, shedded and drained well
- 10 Milky Way caramel apple candy minis, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel apple candy corn
- 1/2 cup caramel bites
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- Heat the oven 350F.
- Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving around 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- Remove the chocolate chip cookie dough from the package. With your fingers press it evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Once the cookie dough is layered, top it with (in this order)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- chocolate chips
- shredded apples
- halved caramel apple candy
- the remaining pecans
- candy corn
- caramel bits
- Open the small can of evaporated milk and pour it in the pan.
- Bake the bars in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until the candy corn is almost melted and the sides are brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a couple of hours in the pan before removing.
- To easily cut the bars, lift the dessert out of the pan with the help of the hanging paper.
- With a sharp knife cut into 15-18 bars.
If you like these chewy caramel apple bars you may also like
Sending love your way,