This easy, super moist chocolate chip pumpkin quick bread is packed with all the amazing fall flavors. The bread gets better as it ages so plan to bake it a day or two ahead.
I have a love relationship with the winter squash January through December but my heart starts to beat faster middle of September when the sugar pumpkin pies are piling at the grocery stores and the baking isles are packed with hundreds of pumpkin puree cans. With my trip to Romania at the end of summer I’m running a little late making all my fall favorite desserts.
I have already shared with you the recipes for pumpkin roll cake and individual apple pies and today we’re all going to enjoy a slice of this flavorful pumpkin quick bread packed with chocolate chips and a pumpkin spiced chocolate icing
In addition to the can of pumpkin puree and the pumpkin spices I added some pumpkin spice coffee creamer, which gave this pumpkin quick bread a subtle flavor, enhancing the pumpkin pie spices I added with the flour.
To make this bread hearty, just perfect for a chilly morning I used whole wheat pastry flour which gave the bread a nutty flavor.
And to make this pumpkin bread even better, I added a handful of chocolate chips.
Since this pumpkin quick bread is made entirely using whole wheat flour the nutty flavor is too strong the day the bread is baked. The second and the third day the bread is perfect! After that I can’t say much since it doesn’t last that long!
The recipe yields two loaves. One of the loaves, once cooled, I slice it entirely and place it in the freezer. This way, next time I crave pumpkin bread I just take 1-2 slice out of the freezer and enjoy it without the need of turning on the oven and waiting for few hours until ready to be sliced.
This easy, super moist pumpkin quick bread is packed with all the amazing fall flavors. The bread gets better as it ages so plan to bake it a day or two ahead.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Nestle coffee matte pumpkin spice creamer
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3 oz Hershey's pumpkin spice kisses
- 1-2 tbsp Nestle coffee matte pumpkin spice creamer
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 9X5" loaf pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the sugar, melted butter, coffee creamer and eggs. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the pumpkin pie spices, baking powder and flour. Stir until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
- With a spatula fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the two prepared baking pans, smooth the top and bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Once cooled, make the icing.
- In a small microwavable bowl heat 2 tablespoon of the coffee creamer. Add over the pumpkin spices and still to combine. If you like your icing thiner or thicker add either few more kisses or few more drops of coffee creamer.
- Pour over the cooled pumpkin breads.
Linking this chocolate chip pumpkin bread to these fabulous parties!
If you enjoyed this chocolate chip pumpkin quick bread, you may also like
Sending love your way,