Chocolate. My little world is filled with chocolate.
For a while I tried to give it up. I changed my mind. I love chocolate. I always did. Chocolate makes everything tastes better.
And makes me happy. That’s what it is all about. Happiness.
Our lives are too busy to fill them with worries and sadness.
We should see just the bright side of the things.
Just the half full glass. Forget about the empty half.
Little things make me feel better.
Like a stranger stopping in front of my house to tell me I have pretty flowers.
An email for my MIL telling me she can’t wait for us to get there.
Hubby reaching out to hold my hand when we are in the car.
A “good kiss” from Tiffany.
A random “Love you” and/or a hug.
Little things keep me going.
After my last post I was asked how I do it. The answer should be : all the little things.
They make me smile. They keep me going. They make my day!
Baking makes me happy. Baking a chocolate cake is even better.
Chocolate Cake. What’s not to love about it? Well, unless you don’t like chocolate.
I substituted some of the flour and the instant coffee with unsweetened cocoa powder and used Chobani Greek Yogurt instead of sour-cream. A little other touches here and there and I made a delicious chocolate yogurt cake. It was moist. Not too sweet. Chocolate-y. Perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee in the afternoon.
Moist, light, chocolate-y yogurt cake. A perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or as an after dinner treat.
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) of butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt Plain Non-Fat
- 1/4 unsweetened (20 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (120 grams) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 315F. Line an 11X7 inch baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs with the vanilla extract and the yogurt. Add it to the creamed butter.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Slowly, fold it into the wet mixture. Stir until the mixture is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, smooth the surface and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl mix the cocoa powder with the sugar. Add the water and the melted butter and mix until combined and creamy. Spread over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate for few minutes and cut it into squares.
Sending love your way,
*Disclaimer : After the Chocolate Yogurt Cupcakes recipe I shared a while back, Chobani sent me a delicious package to get creative in the kitchen. I was not asked to write this post or bake this cake. It was all my decision.