A simple, yet delicious quick bread packed with dried fruit and bursting with coconut flavor. Make this dried fruit bread as a holiday gift for friends or family, or simply enjoy some with a hot cup of coffee.
Holiday season is by far my favorite time of the year. It’s not for the gifts. It’s the smell. The joy on people’s faces. The music. The lights. Everything. Maybe it’s just me. Or maybe it’s magic!
It’s the time of the year when everyone is taking a little time to find that perfect gift for loved ones.
It’s the time of the year when homemade gifts bring so much joy. I love the smile on my friends’ faces when I show up at their door with a basket filled with homemade goodies.
It’s time to spread the holiday cheer!
This year, I’m going to show up at few of my friends’ doors with a loaf of this coconut dried fruit bread. It’s loaded with dried cranberries, chopped dried cherries and dried blueberries and bursting with coconut flavor from the coconut oil and shredded coconut.
Just like other quick breads, it’s fairy easy to make. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients and bake it. It literally takes less than 10 minutes of prep time.
Aside from being quick and easy to make, this bread has a twist. It’s vegan! It contains no eggs or dairy. You know what that means, right? No unnecessary fats! Thanks to the GO Veggie!™ Dairy Free, Vegan Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative added to the batter, this bread is moist and tender – you won’t even know it’s vegan!
I have to say, creating a vegan quick bread was not as easy as I thought, but have no fear. After few attempts, I have the perfect vegan dried fruit bread for you to enjoy or to give to your friends with special diets. This recipe is tested with GO Veggie! Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative and uses flax meal combined with water as a binder. I have tried this recipe with both applesauce and mashed banana instead of the flax egg, and the results were not as good. The bread can also be made with fresh chopped cranberries if that’s what you prefer.
Have you tried the GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Cream Cheese before? Its cream cheese alternative comes in three flavors: Classic Plain, Chive & Garlic, and Strawberry. As much as I loved using the classic plain flavor in this quick bread recipe, I loved the strawberry flavor spread on a slice of toast in the morning. Can’t wait to spread some of the chive & garlic on crackers!
Inspired to create a great recipe with GO Veggie! Dairy Free, Vegan Cream Cheeses? Visit their Facebook Page and upload your original recipe. Submit a recipe and receive an embroidered GO Veggie! apron, and GO Veggie! will also donate $10 to one pre-selected charity partner of your choosing.
If you haven’t tried GO Veggie! before, here’s your chance! GO Veggie! is offering one lucky reader the chance to win GO Veggie! coupons, an apron, a water bottle and a $50 Bed, Bath & Beyond gift card.
Please use the Promo Simple widget below to enter the giveaway.
A simple of delicious quick bread packed with dried fruit and bursting with coconut flavor.
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- 4 oz GO Veggie!™Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or finely shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried fruits (I used chopped cherries, cranberries and blueberries)
- 1 cup powder sugar
- few drops of water
- In a small bowl add the flax meal and pour the water over it. With a fork, stir to combine and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes. It's important to let it sit so long so the texture resembles the egg white.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X5" baking loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving one inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a mixing bowl add the vegan butter and coconut oil. With the paddle attachment on start beating at low speed until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and sugar and stir to combine.
- Blend in the flax meal mixture.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder and coconut flakes.
- With a silicone spatula, fold in the dried fruit.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly in the loaf pan for 15 minutes before taking it out and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, combine the powder sugar with a little bit of water and pour it over the cold bread.
- The bread is easy to slice the day after is baked.
Sending love your way,