Where shall I start today’s post?
Probably some of you may have noticed the cute little logo on the sidebar and a new page added to the navigation bar.
I’m so excited to tell you about all the parties I’m going to throw each month!
Yes, you’re invited too! And you, and you and you! The more the merrier!
Welcome to the Chocolate over chocolate and more chocolate party!
I bet you know by know my love for chocolate so I think in a way this party doesn’t come as a big surprise.
If you’d like to know upcoming party themes join our Facebook Group
Each month we’ll decide upon 1 specific ingredient and combine it with chocolate to make an irresistible treat.
For the month of September we’ve decided upon apples.
I got some beautiful honey crisp apples from the farmer’s market.
They were just perfect for September chocolate party.
These flourless apple brownies recipe came to life after a couple of trials.
I wanted a chocolate apple pie but after my first attempt we ended up eating it from the pan.
The second time I managed to get it out and even slice it but something was just not perfect.
Both me and hubby loved the filling but the crust, let’s just say, it needed a little more work.
And then it hit me!
Instead of figuring out the crust I can make the filling even better.
And better I did!
Melted chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs and diced apples.
Hello fudgy apple brownies! Where have you been all my life?
Flourless Apple Brownies - easy one bowl fudgy brownies with bites of ground almonds and baked apples.
- 1 cup (160 grams) baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter
- 2 oz (56 grams) almonds or hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup (70 grams) sugar
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 medium honey crisp apples, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat stirring constantly. You can also use the microwave.
- Set aside and stir a couple more times until it starts to cool down.
- Add the sugar and salt and mix a little more. Set aside.
- In your food processor add the almonds or hazelnuts and pulse a couple of times, I didn't want mine to be perfectly ground, but if your prefer you can pulse few more times or add finely ground almond flour instead.
- Add the ground almonds to the chocolate mixture.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, stirring as fast as you can to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- When all the eggs are added to the chocolate mixture, pour it in the prepared pan.
- Spread the diced apples on top, gently pressing down and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely before removing and cutting into bars.
Sending love your way,
If you’d like to bring something to this month party, link your recipe below until September 28th.
Check out what my wonderful friends are welcoming you with (in order their thumbnails appear on the linky tool below)
1.Flourless Apple Brownies at Roxana’s Home Baking (that’s me!)
2.Crepes with Caramelized Apples and Chocolate Sauce at Chocolate, Chocolate and More
3.Apple Strudel with White Chocolate Drizzle at That Skinny Chick can Bake
5.Apple Pie Bread with Chocolate Chip Streusel at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
8.Chocolate dipped apples at Hugs & Cookies
9.Chocolate Apple Crisp at Vintage Kitchen Notes
12. Nutella Apple Quesadillas at Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
I’m getting hungry just by writing the name of these deliciousness!