- 1/2 cup graham crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 package knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- For the crust I used 1/2 cup graham crumbs, 1/2 cup ground almonds and 4 tbsp soft butter.
- Mix everything together and lay it in thinly in a 9 inch springform pan. Put it in the fridge.
- In a sauce pan combine 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 egg yolks.
- Place it over low heat, stirring constantly until the sauce starts to thicken and temperature gets above 180F (mine even reached 200F) making sure the egg yolks are not left raw.
- Turn the stove off and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile dissolve 1 package knox gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Wait around 3 minutes and then pour it over the egg yolks mixture. Mix and leave it to cool.
- In a bowl whip 2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks. Slowly mix in the egg mixture and pour over the almond crust and put it back in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- If you want, you can add layers of fruits but pay attention since some of the fruits contain an enzyme which breaks down gelatin causing it to lose its thickening properties.
- Just before serving, remove it form the pan, slice it and enjoy.