Today cookies are brought to you by Kristina of Spabettie. Kristina is one of those person you envy right from the start. You’re wondering why? Because she has a SPA at her fingertips. Isn’t that a dream-job?
Except my spa envy I love her and her blog. She’s funny, talented and so sweet. Check out this amazing salted caramel cheesecake she shared a while back. Plus she made one of my favorite sweets Samoa cookies from scratch gluten free and vegan. Told you you’ll love her!
hi everyone – I’m Kristina, better known online as spabettie. I have a career background in spa management and accounting, and I have a lifelong passion for cooking and baking. My creations are mostly plant based and gluten free, and I like to share food without labels of what it is or is not.
I’m teaching people that plant based can taste fantastic, stealth like…
When Roxana asked me to participate in her 25 Days of Christmas, I knew I had to create something special for her – something different from the traditional holiday flavors, yet still festive and fitting for the holidays.
I used a blood orange flavored candy cane as my inspiration.
- 1 cup butter (dairy and soy free)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate (this is vegan)
- 1 dropper full Orange NuStevia
- food color (optional – this is vegan)
- chopped blood orange candy cane
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Stir in orange juice concentrate and food color if using.
- Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time, combine until dough forms, do not over mix. Knead into a ball, cool in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Roll one inch pieces of dough into ball, make a thumbprint, place on prepared (parchment/silpat) baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 25 – 28 minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely.
- In small saucepan or double boiler over low heat, melt white chocolate.
- When melted, add orange stevia and food color, stirring until completely incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Spoon into thumbprint indentation of cookies, sprinkle with chopped blood orange candy cane
Thank you Roxana, for having me here today – and thank you all for reading – Happy Holidays!
Thank you Kristina for bringing today’s cookies. They are so pretty!
Check out other Christams treats part of the #25recipestoXmas event
Sending love your way,