These peanut butter and chocolate chips bars are soft and chewy and packed with 3 cups of peanut butter and chocolate chips
Today marks the beginning of the best day ever – it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day!
Hosted by Carla of Chocolate Moosey and Miriam of Overtime Cook, 31 bloggers are sharing some of their favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see them all or follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes.
Looking for these recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board.
I’ve made these peanut butter and chocolate chip bars a couple of weeks ago, just before we left to visit my mother in low. She has a sweet tooth, just like me, and I knew these bars would be perfect to nibble on at her house.
They are soft and tender, a little chewy, somewhere in the middle between blondies and cake bars.
The brown sugar adds not only flavor but moisture as well while the vanilla yogurt keeps these bars moist longer. You could use plain yogurt and if you do so, you may wanna add about a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13X9" baking with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula, if needed.
- Beat in the vanilla yogurt followed by the flour and baking powder.
- Turn the mixer off, and, with a spatula, fold in both the peanut butter and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
A huge thank you to our sponsors! Be sure to follow them on social media:
Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will be picked from random draw. Giveaway ends Monday March 31 at 11:59 PM. The winners will be notified via email and have 24 hours to respond. If not, the prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen