Soft, melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter cookies sandwiched with berry jelly – Classic peanut butter jelly just got a make-over.
The first time I tried peanut butter was years ago, before I came to US. I was curious after hearing about it in the American movies. I wasn’t that impressed so I gave up the thought of trying it again. Once arrived on American land the curiosity pushed me again and bought another jar. This time I liked it.I started eating some from time to time spread on a slice of toast.
Even tho I was beginning to love this treat I could not talk myself in trying the famous peanut-butter and jelly sandwich. There was something about this combo that didn’t sound to appealing to me. Give me a cheese and jam sandwich and I eat it in seconds, or peanut butter and chocolate but peanut-butter and jelly …. not really.
My husband loves peanut-butter and grape jelly sandwich and so does my daughter.
Few months ago Tiffany was asking for a peanut-butter and jelly sandwich but we were out of grape jelly. The only thing I could have used instead of grape jelly was some raspberry preserve forgotten on the fridge door. Peanut-butter and raspberry preserve did sound good, so I made myself a sandwich as well. Oh, it tasted even better that I thought. From that day I was hooked, hooked on peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, but made with raspberry preserve.
I was a little skeptical at first, but I changed my mind later. My favorite peanut butter cookies sandwiched with raspberry jam is my take on American Peanut-butter and Jelly Sandwich.
I made these cookies for the first time about a year ago (this was the first time I was actually making a sandwich out of them) and since then I tried different other recipes but none of the cookies turned out as good as these ones. They are the softest cookies with a strong peanut-butter taste. Think about melt in your mouth butter cookie but with peanut-butter.
Without much ado I give you the Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
Soft melt-in-your-mouth Peanut Butter cookies sandwiched with berry jelly - Classic peanut butter jelly just got a make-over.
- 8 oz creamy Reese's peanut-butter
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ~ 15 tsp your favorite jelly/jam/preserve
- Line two baking cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats
- Small dice the butter and put it into the mixing bowl.
- Place it in a mixing bowl with the sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Beat in the egg.
- Slowly add the flour combined with baking powder and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- Divide the dough in 30 small balls. Place them on baking sheets, gently pressing with a fork.
- Chill the cookies for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the cookies in preheated oven for about 12 minutes. Leave them to cool completely on the baking sheets before sandwiching them.
If you liked these peanut butter cookies, you may also like
Sending love your way,