Peanut Butter Candy Bars – crumbly, melt in your mouth peanut butter bars packed with chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and topped with more candy pieces.
Almost a week after Halloween and I still have plenty of candy left.
We always buy candy as if you have hundreds of kids stopping by and the most we had were about 35 kids and this year were just 21.
We’re lucky some kids take 2-3 (some even 5) candy, otherwise we’re have candy tossed greens for dinner till Thanksgiving.
I had to come to the rescue. And by that I mean making these peanut butter candy bars, eat half of them and mail the rest to family.
I’m mean like that sometimes. Now I have some snickers to play around with later today after my little lady bugs wakes up.
These peanut butter bars are packed with 2/3 cup of chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups and topped with about 10 fun-size Twix and just a drizzle of melted chocolate.
If you have more Reese’s cups on hand you can chop and top the bars with them. Of course you can use whatever candy you have on hand.
These little square bars are made with a mixture of dairy butter and creamy peanut butter, whole wheat flour and brown sugar.
They are crumbly, melting in your mouth as soon as you bite into them.
The addition of chocolate candy makes them even more irresistible, who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate in one bite, and on top you have the crunchy Twix biscuit. A perfect combo of textures.
Mind the photos, I was clearly in a hurry to sink my teeth into them.
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
- 5-6 fun size Twix candy or any other candy
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 7X7 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and peanut butter. Slowly add the sugar.
- When all the sugar is incorporated add the flour and baking soda and stir until just combined.
- With a spatula stir in the chopped Reese's peanut butter cups and press the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 27-28 minutes until soft to touch and puffed. Top it with the chopped Twix and leave it in the hot oven for one more minute.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.
If you like these peanut butter candy bars you might also like
Milky way cookies at Patty’s Food
Snickers caramel apple salad at Chef in Training
Candy Bark at Brown Eyed Baker
Peanut butter cookie cream cheese candy bars at Picky Palate
Rolo pretzel M&M cookies at Something Swanky
Peanut butter cookie bars at Shugary Sweets
Sending love your way,