- I used 1 1/4 cup (150 gr) flour, half all-purpose flour, half whole wheat pastry flour. You can make a combo of the two or use only all-purpose flour or only whole wheat flour.
- 1/4 cup applesauce can be substituted with 1 egg room temperature (no room temperature egg? leave the egg in a bowl with lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes – do not boil!)
- dairy or any type of milk can be used instead of almond milk
- grapeseed oil can be replaced with melted and cooled butter
- the pomegranate seeds can be easily substituted with small diced dried fruit or nuts
- the baking temperature is 425F. Start mixing the ingredients when the oven is hot otherwise after combining chia seed with liquid the batter will become gelatinous and I can’t guarantee you’ll have light soft muffins like mine.
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup (brown) sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line 9 muffin pans with paper cups and wait until the over reaches the desired temperature.
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, applesauce, grapeseed oil and vanilla extract.
- Finally add the chia and pomegranate seeds. Immediately spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for ~ 13-15 minutes until risen and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let them cool slightly in the pan and completely on a wire rack.