- I used 1 1/4 cup (150 gr) flour, half all-purpose flour, half whole wheat pastry flour. You can make a combo of the two or use only all-purpose flour or only whole wheat flour.
- 1/4 cup applesauce can be substituted with 1 egg room temperature (no room temperature egg? leave the egg in a bowl with lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes – do not boil!)
- dairy or any type of milk can be used instead of almond milk
- grapeseed oil can be replaced with melted and cooled butter
- the pomegranate seeds can be easily substituted with small diced dried fruit or nuts
- the baking temperature is 425F. Start mixing the ingredients when the oven is hot otherwise after combining chia seed with liquid the batter will become gelatinous and I can’t guarantee you’ll have light soft muffins like mine.