Ricotta lime tart – creamy ricotta meets crunchy almonds and refreshing lime in this light tart, perfect for spring-summer dinner parties.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Sargento.
I’ve been working with Sargento for a couple of months now and although I love all kinds of cheese I must say if I have to pick one it’s their creamy ricotta cheese. Not only I could eat it with the spoon straight from the container with some fresh fruit on the side but it’s so easy to add to desserts making them creamy and light.
I’ve had citrus and ricotta on my mind for sometime now and it just happened that a while back I had some limes just begging to be used. With just a few days till our trip to Disney World I had to think fast what to do with them. I remembered reading this ricotta cake while browsing Pinterest. Ricotta, lime and almonds – it sounded tempting, tempting enough to give it a try.
Now let me tell you I have made it twice in the same week. I got so many great reviews from my family and friends I had to make it again.
To make the tart is really easy. First you make the crust, which takes less than 2 minutes in the food processor. With your fingers press the crust evenly on the bottom and the sides of a 11″ tart pan.
For the filling you all you have to do is combine the cheese with the sugar, add the eggs and ground almonds, stir in the grated lime zest and pour into the crust. Bake, chill and enjoy!
The tart may look like a cheesecake but the texture is different. The ground almonds add texture, making the tart not as creamy as a cheesecake and the lime zest makes it light and refreshing. Once out of the oven the tart is slightly puffed but once it starts to cool down it collapses and it might even have a small crack or two.
You can sprinkle some sliced almonds on top but I found it a lot harder to slice it so the second time I just sprinkled some powder sugar.
Creamy ricotta meets crunchy almonds and refreshing lime in this light tart, perfect for spring-summer dinner parties.
- 2 cups (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold diced butter
- 2 egg yolks
- grated zest from 1 lime
- ~ 5 tbsp iced water
- 1X15 oz (425 grams) Sargento whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) ground almonds
- grated zest from 2-3 limes
- sliced almonds
- powder sugar
- In a food processor add the flour, sugar, butter, egg yolks and lime zest. Pulse a few times until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Gently add enough water to make a smooth dough, about 5 tbsp of iced water.
- With your fingers press the crust on the bottom and the sides of a 11" tart pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl beat the ricotta and sugar until just combined.
- Add the eggs and egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the ground almonds and lime zest. Stir to combine.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool the tart at room temperature and sprinkle with sliced almonds or powder sugar just before serving.
Other recipes you might enjoy
Sending love your way,
*Discosure : This post is sponsored by Sargento. Opinions are all mine.