While I’m enjoying time with my family in Romania several of my favorite food bloggers (born outside US just like me) are sharing their culinary talents with you.
My name is Sandra and I am author of Sandra’s Easy Cooking, website for foodies of course.
I feel so honored to be guest today here at “A Little bit of Everything”. When Roxana asked me to guest post I accepted it without thinking, simply because I love her blog and she became a really good friend!
As all of you know, she is sweet, and kind and if we were in the same town I would be at her house all the time eating her baked goodies and chatting over good cup of tea / coffee. Every time she posts a new dish I think that I can smell it all the way here:))
To cut the story short, I had no idea what to prepare and share with you today..but than Focaccia came to mind. It is a simple recipe and full of flavor!
2 lb all purpose flour
2 Tbs. Salt
1 Tbs. dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
aki1 Tbs. Garlic powder
1 Zucchini, large
Handful of black olives
Handful Parmigiano Cheese
About 10 slices of pickled Jalapenos
1 Tbs. Olive oil
1. Make a dough with flour,salt, sugar, yeast, and garlic powder..
2. Add shredded zucchini and mix and pour warm water (about 3-4 cups)
3. Dough needs to be like you are making pizza, stretchy and glossy on the end. You can knead it, but it is optional. Most of the mixing I do with my wooden spoon.
4. Put bit if olive oil and Let it rise for 1 hour.
5. Once the dough double in size, stretch in the oiled baking pan.
6. Preheat the oven on 375F (190C)
7. On the top sprinkle Parmigiano to cover, and add thin slices of black olives and jalapenos.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until it is golden.
Enjoy it with some salad on the side!
Thank you again Roxana for inviting me, it was pleasure and honor to be here and work with you!
I hope you are having wonderful reunion with your family!