I’m not a coffee lover. I drink a cup or two a month but tea is my energy drink.**
I love enjoying my breakfast tea with a little milk while making breakfast for my family and one or two more cups of herbal tea in the afternoon, even sometimes a chamomile tea just before bed time.
- 2/3 cup raisins or other dried fruits
- 2-3 tbsp rum or hot water
- 4cups (480gr) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 package (7 gr) dry yeast
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/4 cup (50gr) sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ~ 2 tbsp of honey, for brushing (optional)
- Start by soaking for a couple of hours 2/3 cup raisins or other dried fruits of your choice in 2-3 tbsp rum hot water.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, measure 4 cups (480gr) all purpose flour. Make a well in the middle. Pour 1/4 cup lukewarm milk and sprinkle 1 package (7 gr) dry yeast over. Leave to proof about 5 minutes.
- When the bubbles appear add 1/4 cup melted butter to the mixture, 1 egg and the raisins
- In a measuring cup mix 2/3 cup lukewarm milk with 1/4 cup (50gr) sugar and a pinch of salt.
- With the dough attachment start mixing at low speed, slowly adding the sweetened milk until the dough cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
- At this point you may have to adjust the quantity of the milk/flour used. The dough should be soft and elastic.
- Put the dough into a greased bowl, cover with clear film and let at room temperature until it doubles in volume.
- When risen divide the dough into 18 small balls placing each ball into your regular size muffin/cupcake pan. You can grease the pan or simply place a muffin paper cup inside.
- Let the muffins at room temperature until you heat the oven at 375F. That should take no more than 5-10 minutes.
- Bake the muffins for about 17-20 minutes or until golden.
- Immediately after baking brush them with honey.