All the delicious flavors of Tiramisu swirled with a rich chocolate brownie to make these hard to resist Tiramisu Brownies
Ever since I saw the movie “The Holiday” I’m wondering if there are actually places that let you swap the house for a few days to a week.
I love day-dreaming there are places like that and one day I pack a backpack and switch house with an Italian or even a French family. I don’t speak Italian or French but I love cheese and that’s a great reason to visit, don’t you think? Plus the French pastries, oh my, the flaky buttery pastries.
I’m totally against eating raw eggs but I have a weakness for Tiramisu. I love the creamy filling, the coffee flavor, the slight crunch bite from the airy lady fingers.
When I saw the recipe for Tiramisu brownies in a Taste of Home magazine I knew I had to make it. Usually their printed recipes are found on their website and just like the others who have tried it I had a hard time spreading the filling over the creamy cheesy filling. It was good, just not as pretty as they show it.
A few weeks ago I decided to give it another try, this time putting my own twist on it.
This time I cut the eggs and sugar, saved just a little bit of the brownie batter to make a light swirl with the cheesy filling.
I loved it!
It’s a perfect afternoon or after dinner treat, perfect for parties (served it at a baby shower few weeks ago and everyone was ohh and ahhh about it).
Is there any possible way to go wrong with chocolate? I don’t think there is.
Rich fudgy chocolate brownie swirled with light creamy mascarpone filling.
- 12 oz (Hershey's) chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (King Arthur Flour) cake flour*
- 1/4 cup (Nescafe) instant coffee granules/powder
- 16 oz Mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl melt the chocolate. Stir until smooth and leave it to cool.
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13X9 baking pan with paper. I used the pan liner paper from Reynolds.
- Add it to the mixing bowl with the paddle attachment on. Beat in the butter followed by 1 cup of sugar and the 4 eggs and 4 egg whites.
- Add the instant coffee followed by the flour. Mix on low speed until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan minus 1 cup of brownie batter.
- In another bowl combine the mascarpone cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, 4 egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- Place spoonful of the remaing brownie batter on top of the creamy filling and swirl it lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set and brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in the pan before slicing it.
If you don't have cake flour you can make your own by placing two tablespoons of cornstarch in a one-cup measure. Fill the rest of the cup with all-purpose flour. Sift together and use it.
If you like these Tiramisu Brownies, you may also like :
Sending love your way,