- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 oz butter
- 3 zucchini (~ 21-22 oz)
- 2 red onions
- olive oil
- a handful fresh dill
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 oz shredded Parmesan
- salt, pepper
- Start my finely slice the zucchini, sprinkle some salt over and let them sweat
- In your food processor combine the flours and diced butter
- Pulse few times until it resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Add a little cold water to form a soft dough
- Roll out the dough and line a 10 inch quiche pan, put it the fridge for about 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven at 400F. When chilled prick the dough with a fork and cover with parchment paper and dry beans. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pat dry the sliced zucchini. Finely slice the onions.
- Heat few tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions until almost soft
- When soften add the zucchini and cook for further 5 minutes or until the zucchini start to soft
- Add the chopped dill and let it cool.
- While the pastry and the zucchini mixture are cooling slightly combine 3 eggs with 1 1/4 cup milk.
- Spoon the zucchini mixture into the baked pastry
- Pout the egg-milk mixture over and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the quiche in preheated oven at 350F for about 45 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let it cool slightly before serving