Rich, fudgy and totally addictive, these Cadbury creme eggs brownies will be the first to disappear from your Easter table. The ultimate Easter dessert!
There’s a new movie coming up this Easter season. Very similar with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory only this one is called Roxana and the Cadbury Creme Eggs Factory.
If I have to pick one candy I’m most looking forward to Easter it’s definitely the Cadbury Creme Eggs. I love the creaminess inside the chocolate shell. I wish they make this ginormous egg so I can eat the filling with the spoon and call it dinner.
Wrap around the creme eggs rich, fudgy brownie batter. Oh, yes! I did it! And let me tell you, way better than eating the eggs all by themselves.
To make these brownies start by melting the chocolate. Once the chocolate is slightly melted, set aside and in a mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter. Beat in the melted chocolate, egg and flour and spread the brownie batter on the bottom of a baking pan. Gently press the mini Cadburry creme eggs inside the brownie batter (the regular size Cadbury eggs are a little too big)
Bake, let cool and enjoy. It’s that simple!
The results are out of this world good. The outside forms a thin hard shell, the best part of the brownie if you ask me, and the inside is fudgy and totally addictive. The Cadbury eggs soften but still hold their shape.
The recipe was first published on my friend Valerie’s blog
Rich, fudgy, irresistible and totally addictive brownies with Cadbury Creme Eggs baked inside.
- 3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 18-20 mini Cadbury creme eggs, unwrapped
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave self bowl or double boiler. Stir until smooth and combined.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and stir well.
- With the mixer on low speed, pour in the melted chocolate.
- Slowly add the flour mixed with baking powder.
- Spread the batter on the bottom of the prepared pan and press in the the Cadbury creme eggs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is set and firm to touch.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed these Cadbury creme egg brownies you may also like
Sending love your way,