My name is Roxana and I have a candy-cane addiction. There, I said it!
For me Candy Cane is a must at Christmas time, and since Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year I broke the candy cane way back in September with some fudgy brownies with candy cane frosting followed shortly by candy cane kisses sponge chocolate cake and candy cane s’mores.
I can’t help myself, I’m weak when it comes to this holiday treat, and mostly because it’s available only for a short period of time.
Let me tell you a secret, last year I bought bags of Hershey’s kisses candy cane after Christmas and dropped 1-2 in my coffee throughout the year. I’m weird like that.
Last week I found a new candy cane addiction. Going back to World Market I found Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips (I’ve already confessed here) and it was just a matter of time until I put them into a chocolate treat.
As it turned out, these pretty baking bites made their way into some fudge brownie cookies.
But I didn’t stop there, after they all cooled I melted some Hershey’s candy cane kisses and frosted them. Now we’re talking Christmas cookies!
I know it’s the sharing season, but let me tell you, you’ll have to twist my arm before I give some away, that’s how good these cookies are. They are soft and fudgy, with light crispy edges and the peppermint bites slightly soften while baking.
Candy cane fudge brownie cookies - fudgy brownie cookies mixed with peppermint crunch bites and topped with melted candy cane chocolate. A wonderful Christmas treat
- 6 oz (168 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped)
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) room temperature butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cup (150 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup peppermint baking bites
- 1 bag Hershey's candy cane kisses
- In a microwave safe bowl place the chocolate and heat it until it's completely melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Leave it cool.
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and mix until light and fluffy, Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl sides after each addition. Add the peppermint extract as well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add them to the butter mixture alternately with the cooled melted chocolate.
- In the end add the peppermint bites and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Line two cookie baking sheets with parchment paper and with an ice-cream scoop, place spoonfuls of cookie dough.
- Place the cookie sheets in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the oven to 300F.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the top slightly cracks.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Unwrap the candy cane kisses and melt them in a microwave safe bowl. Frost each cookie with the melted chocolate and enjoy!