I have a hard time believing it’s the end of July.
Here in Myrtle Beach they have Christmas stores opened year round.
I think I’m old fashion or simply old, but I just don’t understand why the rush.
Although I can not wait to start baking some Christmas cookies I plan on enjoying summer’s fresh fruit and veggies as long as I can.
I made these cupcakes a couple of weeks ago after our last trip to the local farmer before the strawberry season came to an end.
I wanted to use fresh strawberries to make some treats for the kids at the play-ground but we kept postponing the play-date until I was left with only a couple of fresh strawberries.
But, not to worry, I had some strawberry jam on hand. It’s not like it was the first time I’d use strawberry jam in my baking. You probably remember the Chocolate Strawberry Bars Recipe I shared last month.
If you don’t have strawberries, you can use other fruit. The selection of jam is endless. Cherry, blueberry, mango, peach, figs to name just a few.
All pair well with chocolate and mascarpone cheese frosting.
No matter what fruit you choose, make a batch of these cupcakes and enjoy them with your loved one(s).
Chocolate strawberry cupcakes with creamy mascarpone frosting
- *Slightly adapted from Cupcakes and Muffins
- 2 oz (58 grams) chocolate (chips or chunks)
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam (or any other jam, if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) self raising flour ( or 1 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt and enough all purpose flour (85 grams) to fill a 3/4 measuring cup)
- *recipe from Giada de Laurentiis
- 8 oz (225 grams) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a cupcake pan with 9 liners. Set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl place the chocolate and the butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave again, stir and so on until the chocolate is melted. With a whisk, stir until well combined with the butter and gets a smooth consistency and refrigerate until cooled slightly. (have enough patience to chill it, otherwise the eggs will start to cook)
- Add the jam, sugar and eggs to the cooled chocolate mixture and beat together. Add the flour and stir until just combined. With an ice-cream scoop, spoon the batter into the prepared paper liners.
- Bake for about 17 minutes, until firm to the touch and/or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and with the whisk on, whip until the mixture forms soft picks.
- Frost the cupcakes with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Decorate with fresh strawberry or even better with a chocolate covered/dipped strawberry
Sending love your way,
You may also like:
Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting from Lemons and Anchovies
Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting from Eat, Live, Run
Strawberry Cupcakes from Annie’s Eats
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry Frosting from An Edible Mosaic
Linking it to Tidy Mom’s Loving It round-up:)