Coconut creme kisses chocolate bars – Just like a magic bar but with a stronger coconut flavor and chocolate added to the graham crust
Raise your hand if you have leftover Easter candy.
I should probably raise both my hands. I still have leftover Halloween and Christmas candy. For me candy it’s mostly considered an ingredient, not a snack per-se.
Of course I eat some now and then, but most of the time I use the candy in my baked treats, from cookies and bars to cakes and brownies. And in case you haven’t figured out yet, I LOVE Hershey’s seasonal kisses.
I stumbled upon the coconut creme kisses in the Easter isle a couple of weeks ago. Since coconut and chocolate is one of my top 5 combos I HAD to have some. The first time I bought some I was a little shy, got back home with just 2 bags. And yes, the week after that 10 more bags came home with me. That should last me for a while.
These coconut creme kisses are as good, or maybe even better than Almond Joy, one of my favorite candy bar.
These coconut creme kisses chocolate bars are for coconut lovers. They have a strong coconut flavor with a little bit of chocolate thrown in there to balance everything. And I don’t mean, just the chocolate in the kisses, no, I actually added some Easter Hershey’s eggs into the mix as well.
These are definitely not your everyday magic bars, even if the directions are similar.
Coconut creme kisses chocolate bars - just like a magic bar but with a stronger coconut flavor and chocolate added to the graham crust.
- 8 graham crackers
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup Hershey's chocolate eggs
- 6 tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 bag coconut creme Hershey's kisses, unwrapped
- 1 can condensed milk
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 11X7" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about an inch hanging on the longer sides.
- In a food processor add the graham crumbs and Hershey's eggs. Pulse a couple of times until ground. Add the butter and pulse for few seconds, just until the butter is blended in.
- With your fingers press the crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the walnut pieces on top covering them with the shredded coconut.
- Lay the unwrapped coconut creme kisses on top of the shredded coconut.
- Pour the can of condensed milk and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the edges are brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a couple of hours before cutting and removing the bars from the pan.
Sending love your way,