These peanut butter and chocolate bars are the perfect no bake treat for those of us who just can’t resist peanut butter and chocolate!
Tired of peanut butter and chocolate? I hope not! These no bake peanut butter and chocolate bars should go on your must-make list asap!
Ever since I first tried buckeye truffles I’ve always wanted to recreate them but I never seem to find the time to do so. It may be just me, but it seems like it takes forever to shape each ball then half dip in chocolate.
But, just like lots of other simple things in life, I rarely notice them even if they in front of my nose.
It took me a while to realize I can actually spread the peanut butter mixture on the bottom of the pan and top with a thin layer of chocolate and have the irresistible treats in 10-15 minutes.
My version of the buckeye bars is just a lit different. Instead of simply combining peanut butter, butter and sugar I made a peanut butter cookie dough. I still used peanut butter, butter and sugar but added some almond flour. I love the subtle nuttiness it gives to the bars.
Looking for more sweet treats using cookie dough? My friends are sharing some of their favorite again today. Scroll to the bottom of this post for more ideas!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 3 oz chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Line an 8X8" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, add the butter and peanut butter. Beat on low spread until combined and fluffy.
- Fold in the almond flour and the sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- When all the flour and sugar are incorporated, increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 30 seconds.
- With a spatula, remove the cookie dough from the mixing bowl and spread it evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make the chocolate ganache, in a microwave safe bowl, heat the heavy cream until it reaches boiling point.
- Pour over the chocolate chips, let sit for 30-40 seconds and start mixing until smooth and silky. Heat in increments of 10 seconds, if needed.
- Pour over the chilled peanut butter cookie dough layer and let set.
- Cut into bars
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Parfait from White Lights on Wednesday
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Cheesecake Cookie Dough Parfaits from Lemon Tree Dwelling
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cheesecake Pie from Crazy for Crust
Cookie Dough Oreos from Something Swanky
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Scotcharoos from The Gunny Sack
Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles from Back For Seconds
Double Chocolate Mint Cookie Dough Dip from Kitchen Meets Girl
Monster Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Mom On Timeout
Cookie Dough Tiramisu Grandbaby Cakes
Cookie Dough Doughnuts from The Domestic Rebel
Fried Dulce de Leche Cookie Dough from Simply Gloria
Espresso Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from Beyond Frosting
No bake peanut butter and chocolate bars from Roxana’s Home Baking
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mocha Cupcakes from Lemons for Lulu