Do you know what day is today? It’s National Cheesecake Day!! One of my favorite days of the year!
I’ve mentioned lots of times chocolate cheesecake is my favorite dessert of all time, but truth be told I love cheesecake anything. For me cheesecake is one of those desserts I could eat every single day despite several other sweet options in the house.
There is something magical about the velvety filling that gets me All.The.Time.
Other reasons why I love cheesecake?
Still not convinced why cheesecake is the best dessert ever? Maybe all the cheesecake recipes my friends and I are sharing today will convince you! (scroll to the bottom of this post to check all 60 cheesecake recipes)
This pear cheesecake is one of my favorite cheesecake at the moment. It’s rich, creamy and smooth, just like a cheesecake should be with lots of roughly chopped soft pear pieces and a touch of ground ginger. I love pairing pears with ginger but if you’re not a big fan, you could use cinnamon or nutmeg instead.
Despite its long list of ingredients, this cheesecake it’s actually fairly simple to make. The classic graham cracker crust is substituted by gingersnap crackers mixed with melted butter. Press evenly on the bottom of a 13X9″ baking pan. No extra sugar added and the crust requires no pre-baking. Just refrigerate while you make the filling.
For the filling, you’ll have to make the pears first. After they have been peeled and cored cook over low heat in a sugary water until just begin to soften. Remove from the stove, drain and let cool.
The cheese filling not only includes cream cheese, but sour cream as well.
For a silky smooth filling, it’s very important to remember to have the ingredients at room temperature. Now, that it’s summer time, leave your ingredients out for about an hour or so. You also have to keep in mind a light beating is all it’s needed. If you over-mix the cheesecake filling you’ll most likely end up with cracks.
Speaking of cracked cheesecake, making bars seems a whole lots easier and less likely to crack. If you prefer a round cheesecake (for a 9″ springform pan) half the recipe. It should work like a charm.
Soft pears, perfectly smooth and rich filling and a crust made from gingersnap cookies, this pear cheesecake is a fabulous dessert to enjoy year round!
- 8 oz gingersnaps
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3-4 firm pears
- 3X8 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- Line a 13X9" baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about one inch of paper hanging from the sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor add the gingersnaps and pulse until finely ground. Pour in the melted butter and pulse for few seconds.
- Remove for the food processor and with your fingers (or the back of a spoon) press evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Peel, core and roughly chop the pears.
- In a small saucepan, add the 1/2 cup sugar, water, lemon juice and the pears.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the pears are tender but not breaking up.
- Remove from the heat, drain and cool completely.
- Heat the oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and the remaining 1 cup sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the eggs, one at at time, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Last, beat in the sour cream and the ground ginger.
- Arrange the pears over the crust, pour the filling and bake the cheesecake for approximately 50 minutes or until set.
- Turn the oven off, slightly open the door and leave the cheesecake to cool in the warm oven for at least 1 hour before removing.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before cutting into bars.
- For a fancy look, top each cheesecake bar with whipped cream and a dust of ground ginger.
Craving more cheesecake?
Check out all these amazing cheesecake recipes my friends are sharing today!
- Apricot ricotta cheesecake from Diethood
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate chip cookie mini cheesecake from My Sweet Zepol
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar cookie cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- Butter Pecan Caramel Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- Mini Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neopolitan Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars from Cooking with Jax
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Blackberry Cheesecake Brownies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust