Quick and easy blondies recipe. Spiced up with a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon, these light blondies have Hershey’s pumpkin spice kisses inside them
You know what happens when you travel most of the summer and the only camera you use to take photos is your phone one?
You don’t? I didn’t either until it happened to me.
You forget your DSLR camera settings and take some rubish photos.
Leaving the photos aside, I’m in love with the Pumpkin Spice Kisses
I remember seeing some mouth-watering recipe using these spiced chocolate candy last year but in my neck of the woods there were nowhere to be found.
Last week while doing some grocery shopping I spotted with my brown eyes the Halloween corner at the local store and went to check it out.
To my surprise, there they were, shelves filled with tons of candy including Hersey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses.
I didn’t have to think twice before grabbing few bags (just to be on the safe side)
After eating almost a whole bag (some taste testing was mandatory) idea of a cake with kisses started to develop in my head.
Since I associate fall with blondies, it wasn’t far until I decided to bury some of these irresistible kisses in the blondies batter.
If you don’t like the idea of having candy in your blondies, you can leave them out, but you’re missing out!
Pumpkin spice kisses hidden in a light blondie spiced up with a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon.
- 8 tbsp (113 grams) room temperature butter
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (120 grams) (Bob's Red Mill) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8-10 Hershey's pumpkin spice kisses
- 2 oz white melting chocolate candy
- 2-3 Hershey's pumpkin spice kisses
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy, for about 2-3 minutes
- Add the two eggs, one at a time, mixing well and scraping the bowl after each addition.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and added the pumpkin spice kisses, pressing gently.
- Bake for 23 minutes and leave to completely in the pan.
- When cooled, melt the white chocolate candy, spread over the blondies and grate the remaining pumpkin kisses.
You may also like :
Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Kiss Cookies at Barbara Bakes
Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprints at Pass the Sushi
Double Pumpkin Kissed Chocolate Chunk Cookies at Picky Palate
Sending love your way,